Missionary Orientation

Last week I attended TEAM's Missionary Orientation in Asheville, North Carolina. I didn't really know what to expect upon entering into orientation but I was very impressed (and overwhelmed) to see the schedule that the TEAM staff had planned for the week. 

Throughout orientation we had several sessions about TEAM's vision and core values and I felt that these sessions really helped me to get to know TEAM better as an organization. We also had sessions about marketing, finances, and fundraising, and we had individual meetings with our mentors and the counseling staff. But I think one of the best parts of orientation was getting to meet other missionary appointees (this is what we are called before we are on the field) who are going through the same process as me. I met incredible couples and families who are giving up their lives in the U.S. to follow God's call to serve Him and spread the gospel in places like Nepal, Greece, Thailand, and Portugal. And I also met a group of amazing single women who are will be serving the Lord in countries and communities all over the world. All of us single ladies bonded really quickly and we decided to call ourselves the "single six" (#singlesix). It was so great to find a source of fellowship and community in these women and it's such a blessing to know that we will be able to provide support and encouragement for one another in the days and weeks following orientation. 

I left orientation feeling very overwhelmed but I have really sensed the Lord's peace and assurance as I have been processing through all of the information that I learned. I will soon be embarking on my fundraising journey and I am continuing to learn that I need to rely on the Lord to provide all that I need. While the task that lies ahead may seem daunting at times, I know that He is faithful and that He has gone ahead to provide a way for me. 

Please pray that I will be continuing to trust in the Lord and that I will be bringing all things to Him in prayer first. Pray that He will be working in me and preparing me for this journey that I am about to begin. Also pray for my team in Spain and the work that they are doing in Sevilla. Pray that God will be working in the hearts of Spaniards and that He will be drawing them near to Him. 


Scroll down to see some pictures from orientation! 




Some pictures from our group hike in the mountains...the views were gorgeous! 



Marina and her husband will be a missionaries in Portugal and she will be living just a few hours from me! She told me that she will be my adoptive mom while I'm on the field 😊



We had some fun mini gold adventures during our free time! 



The single six! I'm so blessed to have gotten to know each of these wonderful ladies! #singlesix







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankfulness

Finding Rest in Him

Some Thoughts on Bilingual Education