A Life Without Borders


So...I had been thinking about starting a blog since the beginning of this year, but I could not come up with a good title for it. Then, the other day, while I was listen to the song "Oceans" by Hillsong United, the name finally struck me. This song has been my favorite worship song for quite some time and my favorite lyrics are the lines which say "Spirit lead me where your trust is without borders // let me walk upon the waters wherever you have called me."

For some reason, every time I hear these words, they seem to take on a special meaning for me. As a college student, I tend to worry a lot about my future--what job will I have, who will I marry, what am I going to do with my life, and the list goes on and on. But I have come to realize this semester that I need to stop focusing so much on the future and try to be intentional about living in the present moment. If I do this, I know that God will prepare me for whatever my future holds. I need to be ready for God to use me at all times and be willing to do what He calls me to do, without making any conditions or restrictions. I can make as many plans as I want, but that doesn't mean God won't call me to go in the complete opposite direction. But if I try my best to trust God and give all control over to Him, then hopefully I will be able to live my life without borders as I pursue the journey that God has planned for me. 

Psalm 25:4-5 "Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankfulness

Finding Rest in Him

Some Thoughts on Bilingual Education