Finding Rest in Him

I can't believe that I am almost done with my freshman year of college. Just one more week of classes and a week of finals and then I will be going home for the summer. God has done so many amazing things in my life this year and He has taught me so much about who He is, who I am, and how He will use me to do his redeeming work in the world. I will write about these things at a later time after I have had a chance to reflect and organize my thoughts. 

Right now I am extremely busy writing papers, working on projects, and studying for finals. There are moments where I get so stressed that all I want to do is anything but schoolwork. Thankfully, I don't have to carry all of this stress and worry by myself, for I have a Savior who takes away my burdens. I was reminded last night at P+W (Praise and Worship) that it is during these times when I need to turn to God and find peace and comfort in Him and his Word. Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." When we feel pressured by all of the expectations we have from friends, family, professors, and countless others, we need to turn to God for help. I think that asking God for help is a good thing. It makes us realize our humanness. It makes us recognize the fact that we need God's grace, mercy, and peace. It makes us realize that we can't do life without Him. 

There are days when I get so caught up and distracted by all that I have to do that I forget to come to God with my worries, and life is so much harder. So I encourage you, as well as myself, to turn to God in the moments of great stress, when life just isn't easy, and find rest and peace in Him. With the words of Paul in Philippians 4:6-7 I tell you, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankfulness

Some Thoughts on Bilingual Education