Home Sweet Home


Today is the first time that I have been home since Christmas Break. The past three months are the longest time that I have been away from my friends and family back home (besides my mom visiting me at school in February). Going to a school 8 hours away has definitely been challenging at times but it has helped me to realize how important these people are to me. It's hard when I have to miss out on my younger brothers' track meets and lacrosse games and when I can't just hang out with my mom or my high school friends whenever I want to. I often miss my home, my church, and the community I grew up in. These are all things that I took for granted while I was growing up, but being away from home for such long periods of time has helped me learn to appreciate all of these blessings in my life. 

I am so grateful that no matter where God may take me throughout my life, I will have this place and these people to return to when I come back home. Many people do not have a family or any place to call home and I consider myself to be extremely blessed. I am also blessed with the knowledge that I will join Jesus in my heavenly home when I have completed the work that God has for me to do here on earth. Because of the sacrifice that Christ made on the cross, I will never have to worry that I will be without an eternal home. 

And, I can't forget to mention how God has blessed with me with an amazing community/second family at NWC. This has come in the form of the girls on my floor, my host family, my professors, and all of my wonderful friends. When I get homesick or need to talk or vent about something, I know that someone will always be there for me. I live in a dorm surrounded by my friends and my sisters in Christ, and I love it. We laugh together, we cry together, we struggle together, we triumph together, we celebrate together, and we survive awkward situations together :) This is a type of family that I don't think you can find many other places and I am so glad that I get to be a part of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankfulness

Finding Rest in Him

Some Thoughts on Bilingual Education